Who We Are
The Late Marion F. Riley, Jr.
Marion “Sonny” Riley is a native of Fairfax, S.c. he has more than 50 years experience as a Funeral Director and Embalmer. Sonny believes that funerals should be a completely personal service arranged around the wishes and desires of each family. He is a 1960 graduate of Fairfax High School, 1964 graduate of Eckel’s College of Mortuary Science, Philadelphia, PA.
- Retired 38 years law enforcement
- Member of SC Mortician Association, District and National Mortician Association
- Elected Allendale County Coroner
- S.C. Notary Public, Member: Greater Bethel A.M.E. Church, Fairfax, S.C.
Dorothy S. Riley
Honorable Mayor of the Town of Fairfax, SC & Executive Assistant
- Associate Degree – Criminal Justice
- Honorable Mayor of Fairfax, SC – Present
- Served on Fairfax Town Council 2000 – Present
- Administrative Assistant at Allendale County Summary Court 1993-Present
- S.C Notary Public
- Member: Good Hope Baptist Church, Estill, S.C. and Greater Bethel A.M.E. Church, Fairfax, S.C.
Renique Y. Riley
- 2008 Honor Graduate-Associate of Science Degree
- Spartanburg Methodist College, Spartanburg, S.C.
- Francis Marion University, Florence, S.C.
- Major Biology; Present
- Member: Chemistry Club, S.C. Notary Public
- Member: Greater Bethel A.M.E. Church, Fairfax, S.C
Staff: Funeral Services Personnel
Staff members of M.F. Riley’s Funeral Home are caring and experienced professionals who understand that each family is unique and has personal request, and traditions. These requests and traditions are of utmost important to our staff of licensed funeral directors. Although they are not licensed funeral directors, these members of our staff are vitally important toward the operation of our firm. These individuals make it possible for us to professionally coordinate funerals with the quality of service our community have come to expect from us.
Ms. Earlean Ferguson
Receptionist 55 yrs.
Rev. Glenn Orr
Conyus Randolph Johnson
Renique Y. Riley
Our Past History
Virginia R. Priester
Late Olivia Cohen
DECEASED NAME: LATE MARION F. RILEY SR. AND LATE OLIVIA COHEN
M.F. RILEY’S FUNERAL HOME was founded in 1950 under the superb leadership of the late Mr. Marion F. Riley Sr. and the late Olivia Cohen. He established the funeral home to provide good quality service to people of Fairfax, S.C. and surrounding areas.
Seeing the need for an additional Funeral Home in the Hampton County Area, Riley’s Funeral Home was established in 1966. The original mission was and continues to be to provide every person with a dignified and affordable funeral regardless of their economic situation. With the help of his children, Virginia R. Priester and Marion F. Riley Jr. the funeral home embarked upon a course of unparalleled service. After the death of the late Marion F. Riley Sr. in 1999 and the illness of his daughter, Marion F. Riley Jr. was entrusted to continue the M. F. Riley’s Funeral Home Legacy. He became the sole owner and director of the family business in Fairfax, S.C. His niece Vonda Priester manager and director in Hampton, S.C. Marion Jr. present owner and operator remains committed to the original mission of the late Marion Riley Sr. Under his leadership the funeral home has added a beautiful chapel, renovated the office, and purchased new fleet of vehicles to enhance the quality of service provided by the funeral home. Marion F. Riley Jr., his wife Dorothy and his professional staff strive to earn the trust of you and your family.